Call for Papers
IEEE SECON 2018
June 11-13, 2018
The 15th annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in wireless networks, mobile systems and the Internet of Things. The focus of IEEE SECON is novel communication technologies and emerging applications and services, involving mobile sensing and communication, and ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and commercial developments in all aspects of sensor networks, mobile devices, and wireless communication are solicited. Within this domain, particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with deployment of mobile apps, networks and systems
- Wireless and mobile sensing systems and networks
- Software Defined Networking for mobile and wireless networks as well as 5G, small cells etc.
- White space, cooperative and cognitive communications
- Network management for mobile devices, including data consumption, energy consumption, and performance
- Wearable computing
- Novel smartphone-based sensing systems, tools, applications and experiences
- Novel applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, distributed mobile computing
- New communication technologies, such as NFC, visible light, underwater communication
- Low power and energy limited sensing and communications
- Green wireless networks
- Cellular communications and data networks, such as cellular small cells and 5G
- Measurement of wireless and sensor systems, and novel experimental testbeds
- Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor systems
- Survivability, network management, and fault tolerance
- Signal and information processing with data from various types of sensing systems
- Application protocols and cross-layer design
- Mobile data science/analysis
- Vehicular networks and connected vehicles; robotic wireless networks
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor be currently under review at another venue. All papers for IEEE SECON 2018 must be submitted via the conference submission page. Each submission must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 10 points. Submissions that violate the formatting guidelines will be rejected without review.
All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and relevance through *double-blind* reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. As an author, you are required to preserve the anonymity of your submission, while at the same time allowing the reader to fully grasp the context of related past work, including your own. Common sense and careful writing will go a long way towards preserving anonymity. Papers that do not conform to our double-blind submission policies will be rejected without review.
To be published in the IEEE SECON 2018 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, one author of each accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference, unless the TPC Chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event who is qualified to both present the paper and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE SECON 2018 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
The organizers of IEEE SECON 2018 as well as our attendees expect accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
15 December 2017 (Extended to 29 December, 2017)
22 December 2017 (Extended to 29 December, 2017)
Acceptance Notification: 23 March 2018
Camera Ready: 10 April 2018