IEEE SECON 2018 Call for Workshops
The 15th annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in wireless networks, mobile systems and the Internet of Things. The focus of IEEE SECON is novel communication technologies and emerging applications and services, involving mobile sensing and communication, and ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
IEEE SECON 2018 will hold a full day of workshops on Monday (June 11th) of the conference week in Hong Kong, co-located with the main conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss early research results and share experiences related to a specific set of topics that is more focused than the general conference. There were two workshops at IEEE SECON 2017, but additional high-quality workshops are welcome for this year. Topics for workshops may include but not limited to:
- Software Defined Networking for mobile and wireless networks as well as 5G, small cells etc.
- Novel applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, distributed mobile computing
- New communication technologies, such as NFC, visible light, underwater communication
- Wearable computing
- Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor systems
- Vehicular networks and connected vehicles; robotic wireless networks
- Wireless and mobile sensing systems and networks
The workshops should target the March-April timeframe for paper submissions with acceptance notifications approximately one month later, and the camera-ready versions due by May 1, 2018.
Please include the following information about the proposed workshop:
- A draft call for papers (as complete as possible), which should include:
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop
- Names and affiliations of main organizers
- Tentative composition of the committees
- The workshop deadlines (internal and external)
- Contribution format (short papers, long papers, demos, panels…)
- Expected number of submissions and participants
- Prior history of this workshop, if any (including # submissions, # accepted papers and # attendees)
The workshop organizers should send their workshop proposals to the workshop co-chairs listed below by (
D ecember 15, 2017) December 29, 2017.
Notification of workshop acceptance will be on (
December 20, 2017) (January 3rd, 2018).
Francesco Lo Presti, University of Roma “Tor Vergata”, <email@example.com>